Here is the September and October 2021 updates of Gram Seva Sangh activities.
- Pavitravastra Abhiyan: On September and October 2021, Charaka Co-op society and Desi Trust ran a campaign called Pavitravastra Abhiyana in different districts on Karnataka. Gram Seva Sangh collaborated with the campaign by fetching few supports like, Social Media Handling, hosting Abhiyana at Ragi Kana, Mobilizing volunteers, contributed Rs. 5000/- to another collaborated weavers organization “All India Handloom Weavers Federation” for the expenses of month long exhibition part of the campaign.
The first phase of this campaign ended at Bengaluru Chitrakala Parishath five days exhibition from 6th to 10 October. Exhibition had very good sales of handmade products and also bought awareness of handmade products importance and current dire situation of rural livelihoods.
- Reopening of Ragi Kana Santhe: On Oct 2nd our bengaluru volunteers regular activity “Ragi Kana” which was closed due to Covid reopened with two days Santhe. Ragi Kana acitivity is a collaboration of Gram Seva Sangh and Hulkul Muniswamappa and Munivenkatamma Charitable Trust started in March 2017.
We had a grand reopening with a cause to support the handmade artisans affected by economic crisis due to covid. We are looking for a fulltime volunteer for Ragi Kana to strengthen its existing systems and take such activities to other corners of the city and to different cities. Please do refer if you come across such passionate people to work with us.
- Spinning Activity: On Oct 2nd in Mysore Ramakrishna Park, our friend Sachidhananda K J (Sachu) and other Mysuru friends organized a beautiful program of inaugurating the “Emdy – Musically drawn” box charaka. This box charaka is fine-tuned good quality model of existing box charaka to spin the cotton yarn. Sachu said sometime during his journey towards charaka “Spinning is not merely drawing yarn, it’s a process of drawing ourselves”. Santhosh Kaulagi, our senior member and constructive worker from Janapada Seva Trust, Melukote inagurated the Emdy-Box Charaka. Mysore spinning group spun the yarn and Local Bicycle group Trin-Trin had a Cycle jatha as part of the event on Gandhi Jayanti. Gram Seva Sangh is part of this spinning activity effort by Mysuru friends, we are working towards taking the spinning activity across the state as the bridge between city and village.
Check out links for videos about the Spinning Campaign:
Note: Any of you interested to purchase the Emdy- box charaka contact Samahith Enterprises, #205 & 212, 2nd cross, B B Mill Road, New Banni Mantap Extension, Mysuru – 570015, firstname.lastname@example.org Or Contact Sachu at 8277417878
Gram Seva Sangh now has two full timers Abhilash C A, Organization Secretary and Parvathi B (Gowri), Office Secretary. Gowri joined recently as fulltime started working on accounts, fund raising, communication and handling office. We need your moral and small monthly financial support to sustain these full-timers remuneration, travel and office expenses.
Gram Seva Sangh Bank Details as below:
Ac. Name: Gram Seva Sangh, Bank: Indian Bank, Branch: Chamarajpet,
Current A/C No.: 6820702287, IFSC Code: IDBI000C007
UPI ID: gramseva@indianbk
For Gram Seva Sangh activities Donate to us at this QR Code, later please send us a message us at 9980043911 or email@example.com
- Sun. 5 Dec. 2021 Ragi Kana Santhe happens at Bengaluru from 10 am to 4 pm, providing platform to handmade products like natural farm produces, handloom, handicrafts, veggies, traditional food, etc.
Address: Ragi Kana, Sri Ramakrishna Samagra Shikshana Kendra Campus, Off Bannerghatta Road, Gottigere, Near Decathlon, Behind IDBI Lake, Bengaluru Contact: 9972676426
- Postponed Sat. & Sun. 20 & 21 Nov’21: Box Charaka Spinning Workshop at Bengaluru. Will soon inform the rescheduled dates. For more information about Spinning workshop Contact at 9008484880 / 8277417878
Gram Seva Sangh
#47, Shesha Nivas, 1st Main, 1st Block, Thyagaraj Nagar, Bengaluru – 560070